Saturday, October 25, 2014

Riding in Ajijic

We've had a long, wonderful day, and I don't have the energy to write much, so this post will be mostly pictures. Our friends Blair and Barb from church here invited our gang along with some other friends from church to their home in Ajijic (pronounced Ah'-hee-heek) for a day of hanging out. Ajijic is an old town crowded against the edge of Lake Chapala, a large lake about an hour south of Guadalajara. We've been able to visit once already, and love the beauty and charm of the place.

The special event that kicked off today's adventure was an hour-long horseback ride down through the town and along the lakeshore. So today, enjoy the pictures of that; yes, probably too many, and it's too late for me to write captions tonight. Tomorrow I'll write some more about our day. And maybe come back and put captions here.



























































2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:48 AM

    Oh my goodness, Loren, what gorgeous pics! No, not too many. My heart is happy knowing your family had such a wonderful day! Looking forward to hearing more tomorrow! (and now I'M going to bed, super late!!!! But laundry's done and breakfast is even made ahead of time, so at least I get points for that!). :)

    Love you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved seeing the pictures of your family and surroundings! Kathy (Kunkle)

    ReplyDelete